Sunday, November 11, 2007

In one week I have sent out emails to old friends and family that I have not seen or talked to in years. I have also had 2 people pass away, both very suddenly and tragically. I think that those deaths have prompted me to take a look at who I want in my life and how I want to live it. Why does it take loss for some of us to realize this? I don't know. I just want to live a life I can be proud of. Be productive, kind and also have fun. I have to realize ALL relationships take work. Whether it be a friend, husband or even a child. Because if the relationship is a keeper, all that work will grant me an even greater return. I'm talking love, friendship and security.
I just don't want any regrets,I know that there will be some. Its almost inevitable. I just want no big ones I guess. I want to know that I did my best in the most important situations. I want to not let the small things drive me crazy and look at the big picture more. Blah blah blah..ok enough of my babble.
peace my lovelies.

2 comments:

S said...

first off - that photo is stunning!!!!

Second I totally agree! Relationships do take work! You know I so rarely go out with girlfriends. Sometimes because I don't want to be away from Adam but mostly because I'm lazy and want to stay home. But I need my friends and I should work at it harder. Thanks for the reminder!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry about the two recent deaths! That is so hard. I know what you mean about re-evaluating the relationships in our lives. I really appreciate those little wake up calls...

Darling picture of V too!