Sunday, January 13, 2008

WORK


I know I have said it before, but relationships take work. All of them. Even with your children. Lately I had been noticing that I have not been giving my kid my full attention. I half listen half to what their telling me while vacuuming. I will bathe them and clean up at the same time. I feel like the most they hear out of my mouth is reactions to their actions instead of quality conversations. I need to work on that. I know I can give them 100% all the time, but I would like to give them 100% more often.
On thing that has helped with the younger ones is I have been helping out at their preschool twice a week. I was unsure how it would be, but I love it. I get to read books and do art projects and just listen to their funny ideas. All this without the distraction of household chores or phone calls or whatever. I'm really happy to be doing this.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That's great that you get that time at school with them. It's hard to carry on life and enjoy it at the same time. GL! *hug*

S said...

Some days it's harder than others for me to give Adam my full attention. I reallyneed to work on that! Thanks for the reminder!

tiburon said...

Wow! This post really hit home with me. I am always so busy and running around I can't tell you the last time I gave them 100%. Thanks for the reminder.

Sarah said...

You're such a good mom!!