Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wish

I wish I could fast forward to 3 pm tomorrow. I don't like funerals..who does? I get that people can want to goodbye and celebrate this person that meant so much to them. I just don't get why we have to do it together. I guess that just shows how people grieve differently. I know it is going to be so sad. I feel fortunate that I got to have last moments with my wonderful grandmother. I said goodbye in my own way while she was still alive. I feel like funerals make you go backwards in the whole grieving process. Again, it is probably just me. OR maybe the funereal is the finalizing of her death... ugg.
I will miss her, so many will. I dreamt about her last night and I just kept hugging her, she looked healthy but I knew in my dream she was sick. It was nice though, to hug her again.



Charlene "Pat" (Anderson) Gehri Loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend passed away June 20, 2009 at age of 81 surrounded by family after a long and courageous battle with ovarian cancer. She was preceded in death by Charles, her first husband of 51 years, brother Bill Jordan and grandson Joey Schroeder. Pat will be remembered for her dedication to her family, her love of gardening, reading, travelling and baseball. She drew great strength from her Catholic faith and was a member of St. Ann Parish for 58 years. She also enjoyed her time working at both Safeway and Frisbee's Bakery for many years. Pat is survived by George Gehri, husband of 10 years, daughters, April (Walt) Schroeder, Pam (David) Bishop, Sandy (Ken) Goodrich, Kelly (H.A.) Bales, 11 grandchildren, 10 great grandchildren, brother Bob Jordan, sister Donna Beritich and their families. Funeral services will be held 11:00 on Friday, June 26th .. Reception to follow. The family would like to thank the nurses and doctors at the Franciscan Hospice House and Dr. Tom Baker and staff for their care and support. Memorial donations may be made to the Franciscan Hospice House, 2901 Bridgeport Way N., University Place, Wa. 98466.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

*hugs* I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry Dani! Good luck getting through tomorrow.

Beli said...

I'm so sorry! :(

S said...

love you honey. I'm sorry for your loss

Monica said...

hi dani. i dreaded my grandma's funeral too, but had some great chats with her friends... who have become really wonderful friends of mine too. i hope the day passes. hugs.