Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another year..

Opening gifts at my family birthday party last weekend


On the eve of my 32 birthday I will look back and think how lucky I am. I have great friends, a wonderful family and so far so good on the health front too!
I also decided that I'm going to stop freaking out about being in my 30's. Turning 30 itself was not hard. It felt monumental. Like a right of passage... But then 31 was when it hit me that I was not just 30, but IN my 30's. Now another year later, I'm just happy.
I feel pretty good about myself and where I am right now. I am also excited about learning and exploring new things to come. I feel like I am still young and have so much more life! Cause I do.
Watching my kids growing and seeing their personalities emerge is really wonderful. All the while our relationships change a bit with each year.
I'm lucky to have a car obsessed, basketball junkie of a husband..oh wait... He is also kind, generous, caring, and loves me to pieces. Also a shout out to my momma. I know 32 years ago a crazy silly baby came in to her life, and she always let me be me.

6 comments:

S said...

Happy almost birthday sweetie!!

Jen Liteky said...

Dani!
Happiest of Birthdays!!
You are a wonderful Mom and a gifted artist.. your 30's will be the best, (I say as I leave them in the dust...) ha ha
Peace!
Jen

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday Dani! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Beli said...

Happy Belated :)
I didn't even know you were in your 30's. I thought Maybe 28 yrs old ;)

Kristi said...

You look great. Happy birthday. I dread my 30's as well. However, 30 is the new 20 nowadays.

Ida said...

Happy Belated! I am gonna freak when I turn 30 I know it.