Saturday, August 9, 2008

Butterfly in the sky...






OR on your head!
We went to the Pacific Science center on Friday and had fun. They are having their annual bubble fest which was neat. Along with that they have all there regular exhibits. One of my favorites is the butterfly exhibit. It is a large greenhouse like room filled with warm misty air and lush plants. It also had many different kinds of butterflies fluttering around. One landed on August's finger..
then opened its wings( excuse all the cell phone pics)


and landed on his head.


He held still while people oo'ed and aww'ed at him. Then I could tell he wanted it off, he started shaking his head gently. I gently brushed the butterfly and it flew off, only to land on my sisters bag.
I also had a pretty gray one land on my hip. A young boy pointed it out, I didn't even know. Some of those butterflies are really big though. Some people you could tell weren't happy about them fluttering right by their faces.
We also explored the bugs and some information on the planets in our solar system. We probably on saw about 1/4 of the Science Center, but we spent almost 3 hours there. The kids were really in to what we did see.

Tonight we are going to a friends birthday. It is a wine and cheese and cake party. What could be better?? yumm

4 comments:

S said...

so cool! Auggie's a cutie pie! Have fun at the party!

S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi said...

I love some Auggie.